Re: STU Displacement Limit - An Idea

To: Rick Cone <conekiller@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: STU Displacement Limit - An Idea
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:49:18 -0700
Rick Cone wrote:

> > That's a good point mark. It does seem that this is evolving into a
> >class for cars that run over 1bar. The way it's laid out now, you kinda
> >gotta have a blower or a turbo if you're going to compete.
>
> My point exactly.... And all wheel drive to put all the power down.  This
> seems like an Eagle Talon dominatrix class with a bunch of other cars
> allowed in to make it an SCCA class.

        Heh, right. DSMers watch out. If I ever win the lottery, I'm comin' at
ya with either a rotary powered AWD bullet, or a boomer quattro. :-)
Until that day however....

>  If you are going through this much
> trouble why not find away to allow 2 seeters?  With the rules you have now
> do you really think a 1.8 litre Miata or 1.6 litre MR2 is going to dominate?
> The Fiero?  Why the exclusion when you are trying to be inclusive with such
> a broad range of vehicles?

Because the market for 4-seaters is so much greater than 2-seaters. And
do you honestly think that a "sky's the limit" DSM car can stand up to a
"sky's the limit" miata or MR2? No way. Pro Solo maybe, but when it
comes down to handling, the smaller more well balanced cars have a
distinct advantage.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/