Re: drag racin' fun

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: drag racin' fun
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:07:34 +0100
>  All drag strips have to run under nationwide rules.  You must
> run with windows up or a net.  If you are running a convertible, you need to
> have arm restraints or the top up.

I run with arm restraints. However at the rare drag race I attended
last night, I was informed that NHRA rules require the top up too.

Seems kind of unsafe to me. If the car rolls, the flimsy wire in my
convertible top is more likely to puncture something (like me) than
protect anything.

In SCCA Solo I, they told me to put the top down (and roll the
windows down since the broken glass in a roll over is only likely to
make more of a mess and offers no real protection).

'98 Mustang Cobra Convertible
Jeff Winchell
http://PonyCar.Net