Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:49:55 -0500

>dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be nice to never have to talk about Neon motor mounts et.
>> al. ever again?

> It sure would!  Unfortunately, I think we're asking to be talking about
> these things even more, not less.

> "Why are Neons allowed motor mounts and Rabbits aren't?"
> "I think Hondas should be allowed to run any wheel sold by the dealer!"
> "Brakes from the Audi A8 bolt right onto the Audi A4!  I want 'em!"

> It'll be never-ending.

It's not now? :)

> By the way, as part of your proposal, I'm assuming you mean to
> consolidate the Stock and Street Prepared categories, as well as Street
> Touring, right?

Hmmm.... So to follow the Skoda/Yugo example from a couple of posts back,
perhaps the class-balanced Yugo winds up needing all the SP modifications as
allowences, so what's the point of having an SP class for Yugos?

I suppose that is the logical extension of all this, isn't it? :(

I'm not sure I want to go there, although that does appear to be where I'm
heading.

Isn't logic fun?

>I just don't like all that's required to get there

Inertia reigns supreme! :) :)

Oh well, I've stirred the pot enough for one day. For what it's worth, I don't
think enough good has come out of this discussion to justify bothering the SEB
in any official manner. There seems to be some merit buried in there somewhere,
but there's a lot more work and thought that'd need to go into it before I'd
consider presenting it to the SEB.

And March 6th is fast approching, and I need to find a trailer. Ah, I just love
the off-season. :)

DG