Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation

Subject: Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:43:48 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Mark Sirota wrote:
> To sum up: The current system works pretty well.  It isn't perfect.  We
> *do* have solutions for the "problems" you cite, and remain completely
> unpersuaded that we need a complete upheaval of the rules as you
> propose.

Huh?  I seem to distinctly recall changing two motor mounts this past
(abbreviated) season because I can't put a stronger one on there.  If
someone didn't tell me the solution, could you do so now?

You make excellent arguments for all your points, but you're assuming
something different about the specific allowances list than I am.

I'm assuming that the list will exist not to help performance of car
models but to allow reliability modifications that the membership thinks
are appropriate _for that car only_.  I don't think this list will or
should be large.  I don't think it should try to equalize cars.  I
think it should simply try to help the dedicated competitor with the fight
against breaking his damn car all the time when a simple allowance
wouldn't affect performance much or at all.

Mark