Re: Cooling Fluids & Fuel lines

To: "Steven Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Fluids & Fuel lines
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:06:48 -0300
Steve,

         Haven't you hear of antifreeze???? Nothing better. Why mess around
with other crap.

Bob

At 04:52 PM 10/21/2000 +1000, Steven Graham wrote:
>I know it has been mentioned before but I still am not sure on the best
>corosion protection for my Alpine. I have spent considerable money repairing
>the head due to corrosion, the result of to long in storage etc. My local
>Rootes supplier suggests distilled water with a small quantity of soluble
>oil is far better than commercial coolant inhibiters. What is the
>recommended balance of distilled water and coolant inhibiter, or soluble
>oil?
>
>Steve G

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Man of Many Sunbeams - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon 1953-1954
[Stable mates - 1973 Midget and 1968 M-B 280SE]
Home Page: www.navnet.net/~hamilton
BATANS Home Page: www.batans.ns.ca
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca