Cooling Fluids & Fuel lines

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling Fluids & Fuel lines
From: "Steven Graham" <sjgraham@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:52:40 +1000
I know it has been mentioned before but I still am not sure on the best
corosion protection for my Alpine. I have spent considerable money repairing
the head due to corrosion, the result of to long in storage etc. My local
Rootes supplier suggests distilled water with a small quantity of soluble
oil is far better than commercial coolant inhibiters. What is the
recommended balance of distilled water and coolant inhibiter, or soluble
oil?

Also, I am replacing a bodgy fuel line and have obtained new copper line the
same OD as the existing steel, any problems with this solution?

Steve G