Re: [6pack] measuring engine improvements

To: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] measuring engine improvements
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:41:13 -0700
Last engine I dynoed had triple webers, flowed head, same exhaust as you
describe, mid-range cam [272 degrees,  not sure of the valve lift], crane
optical point and crang=ne ignition system.  Had probably 10.5:1
compression.  Made 167 HP at the wheels.

Will be interesting to see what the Petrol Inject, 12.5:1, wildest cam
possible makes.  Engine ran strong to 7000 RPM in 4th [oveerdrive not
working].  Unfortuately something caused oiling problem to number 6 [I did
have three remote oil lines to the Gallery from the oil cooler return line
and also supplied by teh Accusump].  the result was a broken rod [broke
botrh ARP bolts!  This of course happended at 6500 RPM, so there is a nice
impression of the head on the forged piston, and some rounding of the head
chamber wherre the piston hit.  Engine now at builder to assess damage and
determine cause of oiling problem [the lower portion of the rod bearing was
very fused to the rod cap].

Chuck

--
Chuck Arnold