[6pack] Road trip

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Road trip
From: "Phil Beckman" <pbeckman@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 21:38:31 -0500
So, I'm heading down to central Indiana in a couple weeks for a get together
with some old friends and I'm thinking of taking the TR6.  Chicago to Central
Indiana is only a few hundred miles each way but I haven't driven it any
significant distance for a number of years so I'm thinking I should spend some
time making sure its up for the trip.

My list of things to check is:

- U-Joint health
- Points, plugs, timing, etc
- Belts, hoses, etc
- Oil level in the diff and tranny
- Take a look at the condition of the rear hubs

Things I know are fine
- Brakes were done recently as was the master cylinder and clutch hydraulics.
- Radiator was cleaned and restored this past spring
- Oil was, of course, changed in spring
- Carbs are in fine shape
- Tires are fine

Been a long time since I took this car on a road trip.  What am I missing?

Phil Beckman
Libertyville, IL
'73 TR6