Re: [6pack] Surrey Top on a TR6...

To: jattr6@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Surrey Top on a TR6...
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:43:19 EST
James,
Just to impart my two cents, allow me to share my experience with  surrey
tops. My last car was a '67 4A with O/D and a surrey (hard and soft  tops).
Yeah,
they look cool and yeah they eliminate some wind at speed, but  that's not
the whole story. The part you don't consider until you have one is  how to
close
your car when you park. You can put on the soft top (PITA) or use a  canopy
cover (they make a nice one for Z3s). But if you're accustomed to just  zipping
up the tonneau and going about your business, forget it.

I sold that car about 4 years ago and found a beautiful '72 6 with  overdrive
and a hardtop. I never use the hardtop, but it's a great option  nonetheless.

I don't miss the surrey!!

Cheers!

Steve

products.