Re: [6pack] Surrey Top on a TR6...

To: James_ TR6 <jattr6@hotmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Surrey Top on a TR6...
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:24:16 -0800 (PST)
Howdy,

Careful of what you see on e-bay...some are copies &
whilst they may look nice, there's a big difference
between factory & fiberglass!  Ask me how I know.

They bolt up quite nicely to a TR6...btdt and yes,
they look very cool IMHO.

Expect to pay silly money however...heck even the
clones are going for silly money, but I'm not sure
people realize they're buying copies?

Write me off list & I'll describe what's needed

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
'68 TRiumph 2000
'68 TRiumph TR250/w Surrey(under contruction)
'70 TR6/w Surrey(well it will have one when I get
around to restoring it)

--- James_ TR6 <jattr6@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ---i don't think my original email went
> through....sorry if this is a
> repeat---
>
> Every now and then I see a Surrey Top on a TR250 or
> TR4...I always thought
> this would lookawesome on a TR6. In fact, sometimes
> i secretly wish i had a
> TR250 or TR4 or 5 because the lines are awesome and
> the Surrey Top looks
> really cool. but i own a tr6. :-)so, does anyone
> share my desires and use a
> surrey top set up on their 6? :-) I suppose these
> tops are really rare, huh?
> and not really 'meant' for a TR6... anyway, I know
> ebay has one every so often
> - what is a decent price to pay? any good leads for
> an original TR6 hard top?
> What would those cost for one in excellent shape? i
> suppose both surrey and
> regular hard top cost about the same, huh? -jt

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs