RE: [6pack] Surrey Top on a TR6...

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Surrey Top on a TR6...
From: Jim Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:52:52 -0800
Fitment won't be an issye. Both TR250 and TR6 are the same in that regard. Do
expect to pay more for a nice surrey.

I suggest looking up both pieces in the parts manual and familiarizing yourself
with the bits and pieces of both, and what the availability and cost of
replacement is for those bits. Then, when you came across one, you can gauge
the amount you will have to put into it, and be able to make a suitable offer.

The last TR6 hardtop I had I sold for $350.00. I bought it for less than that.
Needless to say the market was different then, and EBAY wasn't around! I still
have a Parish plastics hardtop that'll look good on the TR250 one day. I got it
for 50 bucks 15 years ago. I've never ever seen a 'deal' on a surrey top in
over 30 years of scrounging. I figured if I wanted one I'd buy a TR4 with one
on it, and sell the car. I like going 'topless too much to really want one,
though.
--
Jim Franks

Too many projects, too little time.