RE: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?

To: stan.foster@hp.com (Foster, Stan)
Subject: RE: [6pack] Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:38:25 -0800
Stan---My setup is similar to what Vance uses, but I made a "hanging
gallows" to support the engine hoist. Three 4"x4"x7' took the weight,
with 2"x4"x24" becoming the "feet" extensions for the two upright 4x4s.
All are joined together using long lag bolts, predrilled for easy
assembly and disassembly. All were marked a-b-c-d etc. so I would know
which was which for future assemblies.
The hoist is hooked to a couple rounds of chain, which go around the
center of the horizontal 4"x4"x7'

More details, is you wish...

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@Autox.Team.Net From:
stan.foster@hp.com(Foster, Stan) Date: Mon, Nov 26, 2007, 5:53pm
(PST+8) To: 6pack@autox.team.net (6pack) Subject: RE: [6pack]
Recommendation for a folding engine crane ?
Sadly there is no superstructure in my two car attached garage to use
for storage or to attach a hoist. I guess another option would be to
construct something but that sounds like a lot of work and expense
compared to a crane.
Stan