[6pack] cam opinions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] cam opinions
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:23:09 -0800 (PST)
I realize I'm opening a can of worms here, but I hope the discussions will be
fairly civil. I'm having my head re-done (unleaded conversion, new guides,
etc.) and will mill it to yield a 9.5:1 compression ratio. It will also be
opened up a bit to improve flow. I already have headers and a 2 1/4" single
pipe extractor exhaust and K&N filters, so air flow ought to be pretty good
after the head work it done.

  My question is what cams would be preferred for a mild upgrade with emphasis
getting more power and torque at low and mid range RPMs? I'm considering these
cams:

  S2 cam
  TSI 275 cam
  BP Northwest TH5, BP270, or BP 150 HP cams
  Goodparts GP2 cam

  Also, is there a reason NOT to use re-ground cams? I don't plan to play boy
racer in autocrosses.

  Let the emails begin....

  Jim