[6pack] Cam Opinions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Cam Opinions
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:22:56 -0800 (PST)
I added a hotter cam when I rebuilt and shaved the head to 3.4", added SU HS6s,
KNs, header, twin exhaust etc.

I wanted the re-grinders 270/.398 profile TR6 cam, but he said he couldn't get
there with my earlier TR6 cam.   I ended up with his TR6 PI profile, 270/.375
105 lobe sep.

Lots of power and excitment available from about 2800 rpm when cam comes on.
While this is okay, for my situation I wish the power started at lower rpms.
When I drive the 6 as daily transportation in my city I don't get above 4000
rpm all that much, particularly as I have OD.   Idles nicely with a little lope
at about 1100 rpm.

I have the stock Lucas distributor, which  is likely not optimally curved for
my cam and other mods.

My mileage went down and now I use high octane.  Speed (fun) costs.

Bruce Simms
73 TR6

boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New
Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca