Re: [6pack] compression and vacuum readings

To: lang@isis.mit.edu (Robert Lang)
Subject: Re: [6pack] compression and vacuum readings
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:02:03 -0800
Bob---The cam I have in the engine is now of the 268 deg. variety. (ISKY
219) I can only get a vacuum reading of 13 inches, at 800 rpm, and need
to set ign. timing at 14 deg. BTDC to get even this much. However, when
running with the stock (256) cam, it was easy to get 20 inches of vacuum
at idle, and as much as 22 inches if I advanced the timing.
The loss of vacuum with these cams is mostly due to the greater valve
overlap, as compared to the stock grind.  When I had the S-2 installed,
I couldn't get more than 10 inches at idle speed.

Dick
E-mail message

From: lang@isis.mit.edu(Robert Lang) Date: Tue, Nov 13, 2007, 10:42am
(PST+3) To: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor) Cc:
6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Re: [6pack] compression and vacuum
readings
Hi,
regarding the 18-20 inches of vacuum at idle, I've never been able to
get those numbers from my cars. I don't have insane cams, but I do have
cams (roughly 270 degree duration). I have trouble getting 14.
I'm just throwing that out there as a data point.
rml
Bob Lang             Room N42-140Q           |
This space for rent
Consultant           MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438   FAX: 617-258-9535       | Cell:
339-927-4489