RE: [6pack] Moss supercharging question

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Moss supercharging question
From: "Jerry Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:11:55 -0400
Dick

If you have a healthy stock engine with modest mileage, strapping on a SC may
be a good option.

My engine was not healthy, so a rebuild was in order anyway. So a cam,
decking, head porting and shaved head were relatively inexpensive as long as I
could do most of the work myself. In fact, it's exactly the engine Moss says
they tested their SC on, so it was not a stock engine.

When I looked into it, I decided (after reading about your car in Kastner)
that the added complexity was not what I wanted to deal with. Upon reading the
Moss blurb, they do not have an MSD ignition system, a vacuum guage or an O2
monitor, so I don't know about detonation with it, particularly since they
tested it out on a 9.5:1 CR engine. Seems to me that you'd need to add some
stuff to the Moss project on top of the $3,500 they want.

Jerry