RE: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...

To: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:48:30 -0400
Hi James,

I do TBI conversions and deal with the different tanks. The tank in my 75
TR6 is just like your original tank with a filler, sender, and one small
vent nipple next to the filler. A TBI conversion done to a 71 TR6 was made
easy because it had two vent nipples out at the top corners of the tank. We
used one of them as the return from the TBI fuel pump. If you don't need
those nipples I would suggest you connect them together with a piece of fuel
hose. A tee in the middle of that hose would be equivalent to the center
vent nipple. Vacuum caps tend to crack with age and the fuel line can be
securely clamped.

TR6 tanks types versus model years are inconsistent and many have been
swapped out over the years. At times it appears Triumph used what was at
hand.

Rick Patton
75 TR6sci
http://sidedrafttbi.com/