[6pack] Door catch strap question

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Door catch strap question
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:29:59 -0400
I hope I can explain this clearly, but can someone tell me how to
install the spring on the door check strap?  I'm talking about the
elongated flattened "O" shaped piece of metal that the tongue of the
door check strap passes through.  The spring on driver's side broke of
my car broke and I have a replacement with new rivets, but I didn't
want to go tearing the interior panel off before knowing how to
replace it.  Are the two caps on either side of the strap which hold
it in place part of the rivets?  The two replacement rivets don't look
like those caps.

John V.

--
www.vannorman.no-ip.org