[6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...

To: forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:16:48 +0000
Yeah, it was actually from someone very knowledgeable.
so i trusted him.
i will keep his identity secret for now...

i did write him back today and explain that I think
he may be mistaken. I suspect it will only make him mad at me,
which is not my intent. I just perfer the correct tank and not start
missing around with plugging this up or adding this or that.

I now have to bite the cost of shipping back (i was hoping he would cover it
for
his error) originally i met him by driving up to the car show in Carlisle
last weekend to save shipping.
it was my main reason for going up there. not an entire waste of a drive,
but disappointing now.

heck, I just want a good correct tank so I can drive my car.

i will try to have mine boiled and cleaned i suppose. I was having trouble
locating a place before...although mine is probably as good as any used one
out there...just need to look for a good shop.

thanks all.

>From where did you buy this tank, a British supplier? Certainly any US
supplier would have had the standard, US, single-vent model and the two-
vent as either Not Available or as a special order. A British supplier,
knowing he was sending it to the US, would have had to at least ask
you, knowing he was shipping to the North American market....

Dave
'74 TR6

More photos, more messages, more storageget 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.