[6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:57:58 +0000
Sorry for any confusion.
my original tank (in an un-modified car) has: ONE vent pipe directly in
front (behind?)
the filler neck. this goes to the fuel trap mounted above the tank. there is
a hole for
the float.

that is all up top.

one pipe on the bottom for the fuel to go to the pump.

the refurbished one: TWO vent pipes one on each top corner.
and there is another difference, inside the hole for the float there is a
divider
of sorts. mine doesn't have this.

so i heard back from the knowledgable gentleman that sold me the tank.
he states: the 75/76 tanks had TWO vent pipes on top. and ONLY the early
models had
ONE vent pipe. ok, then what is missing on my car? i have nothing else under
there to connect to the other pipe. this is sounding weird to me.
i am being told I have to pay shipping to send this back if i don't want
it...
because i am being told it is the CORRECT tank.

i researched, but my manual isn't detailed in this area.
i found something on rimmerbros. site ,but  that may be for British
(non-export) cars only.
the US (as we all know) have different regulations.

anyone, can someone shed light.

thanks so much.

and if anyone has other sources for tanks, please let me know in case the
one doesn't meet my needs. but before i order anything else, i want to make
sure i know which tank is correct for the 76 tr6. i still believe ONE vent
pipe is correct and I am getting mis-information. but i have nothing to back
it up.
thanks!!!

james

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? Youll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507