Re: [6pack] Trailing arm bushings

To: rgperry@earthlink.net (Greg Perry)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Trailing arm bushings
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 23:31:22 -0700
 Greg---You might be able to insert washer-type spacers  in the center
of the sleeve(s) to push the flanged ends of the bushings more to the
outside.  Or....

Richard Good provides a bagful of specialty washers of varying
thicknesses with his nylatron trailing arm bushing kit.  The right
combination will get just the preferred amount (.002 to .012) of
clearance between the outside of the bushings and the T/A brackets. A
nice bit of thought went into this design, I'd say.

Dick

From:
rgperry@earthlink.net(Greg Perry)

Hello List,
Has anyone trimmed the sleeve on the poly bushings to prevent the
trailing arm moving in and out due to the gap between the bracket and
bushing? I have one bushing that has no play and three bushings that
have 1/8" to 3/16" play. This results in one trailing arm moving in and
out and the other with slight movement in and out. The movement is by
hand with out the spring installed. The horizontal movement of the
trailing arms during turning can be a little unsettling! I am not
suggesting trimming the sleeve even with the bushing, but enough to
reduce the horizontal movement.
Regards,
Greg Perry