[6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...

To: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 09:25:07 -0700
        James:

        At this point all I can suggest is that you have a PI fuel tank,
which has two fittings to the top of the tank (in addition to the fuel
filler neck, the sender mounting hole, and the fuel outlet on the bottom
of the tank). Here is a picture of the PI tank:
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/tr6/images/30a.gif

        The north American carbureted tanks did not need the extra
connection to the tank, as there was no need for a fuel return fitting.
Here is a picture of the late North American Fuel tank:
http://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/t6/images/0070.jpg

        That is the only thing I can suggest. The correct tank has:

                1. Fuel outlet fitting (bottom)
                2. Level sender opening (top)
                3. Filler neck (top)
                4. Vapor recovery fitting (top)