RE: British racing Green

To: Derek Graham <saffrontr@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: RE: British racing Green
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:52:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Derek Graham wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> That's pretty interesting that your car has the rubber bumpers although
> probably not surprising as there would have been an overlap period between
> the two models. According to the details that I picked up when I've visited
> the Heritage Centre at Gaydon to look at the build and sales records the
> last 74 model CF25777 was built on the 18/09/74 whereas the first of the so
> called 74.5 models CF27002 was built earlier on the 22/08/74. It would be
> interesting to hear if there is anyone else with a late 74 model with the
> rubber bumpers. Regards the moving of the badge to the bumper this was also
> supposedly from CF27001 at least according to the parts books. Incidentally
> when I went through the build records I could find no trace of CF27001 in
> either the sales or the build records the first recorded being CF27002.

I have an early 74, CF14111U. It has had the rubber bumpers since new. I
am the original owner. The car was built in Oct. '73.

The rubber bumpers (aka tits) started ad CF12500.

The "74.5" changes in the US meant that the bumper height was raised to
meet federal crash requirements. These are the CF25000+ cars (more or
less).

> Derek

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx