Re: British racing Green

To: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>,
Subject: Re: British racing Green
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:35:25 -0400
Thanks to all who have responded.

In the spirit of attempting to change paint colors from the original and
still be "original", the questions facing mankind on this important issue
are, 1) Was there a '74 green color available to consumers that resembled
BRG, and 2) if not, what colors in TR6's production history were suitable
representatives of BRG , and finally 3) if there were such colors available,
are there modern paint codes (base plus clear companies and technology) so
that one can choose such a paint color without having to experiment.

Apparently, the answers are 1) No, (see p. 38 of Piggott) unless you like
Emerald Green (Kermit The Frog Green), 2) Yes, if you like Laurel, TRG
(Conifer) , or BRG from production years before and after '74, 3) to be
determined, if your slected paint system is BASF, R-M, Spies Hecker, maybe
yes if your selected paint system is ICI, Martin-Senour, DuPont.

Since I can't be BRG "original" anyway, I'm currently looking at the paint
code for a Special Production 2001 Miata, which was offered in BRG.

Maybe I should forget this whole TR6 thing and find a Miata.

Jerry