RE: British racing Green

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: British racing Green
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:26:16 -0700
        Robert:

        Trivia question for you. I have the later 74 (aka 74.5) model.
The raised bumpers of the late 74 cars is obvious when looking at my
car, but I am unclear on a few other points;

        Did the early 74 cars include the seatbelt interlock on the
starter? When did the starter interlock stop? I know that the
requirement only existed for a single model year (consumers threatened
to lynch most of congress over the law, so congress relented as I
recall). My 74.5 has the interlock on the seat belts, which is trivial
to defeat by disconnecting the occupant switches under the seats. I
found much to my chagrin that it is extremely effective at not starting
the car. One thing Lucas got right, I suppose.

        Did the emissions connections remain the same throughout the 74
model year, or did they change mid year as well?

        Thanks,

        Vance