Re: Donuts....

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Donuts....
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:09:57 -0800
 Don----I know it takes a conversion hub to go from solid wheels to the
wire type, but I'm not up on whether one can carry a spare that still is
of the solid type.  Nor do I know if the aerosol flat-fixer will work
satisfactorily in an inner tube. If I ran with wires and had my mind set
on not carring a spare of any sort, I would probably test this repair
method in the sanctity of my garage to see if it worked.  I can't even
visualize a space-saver wire wheel.

I think it was Peter Z. that had a list of cars that ran with the 4x4.5
bolt pattern. These cars no doubt had the space saver tire in their
trunk. Peter?

Dick

Hi Dick,
I purchased 4 Dayton wires for my TR250 restoration, and planned to use
spacers with the longer steel wheel lug bolts. With wires and tubes, I
still need a spare correct? Can't fix a tube on the road right?
So I guess I'd still like a compact spare that would fit the TR250/6
bolt pattern. Any ideas?
Don Malling

Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:
Dennis---I am one who has run with the "Fix-a-Flat" crowd for over 20
years. (Replacing the can about every five years, to keep a fresh one)
My car has been used to cover long distances and time spans, where
carrying maximum luggage for two was necessary. I have never had to use
this aerosol, but recently had a 12V small, portable compressor given to
me. I added this and a tire repair kit (rubber bands, glue, probe, etc.)
to my carry-on tool box to add confidence, should the law of probability
catch up with me. So far, so good. I also like losing this tire weight
for daily driving.
Carpeting the entire bottom of the trunk and side shelves gives the area
a nice finished look.
Dick