Re: Donuts....

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Donuts....
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:13:39 -0500
Hi Dick,

Hmmmm....  I hope I'm not wrong about this.

My understanding is the only difference betwen the solid wheel hubs and the
wire wheel ones is the
length on the the lug bolts. The solid wheel lug bolts are 5/8" longer and
won't fit with the wire
wheels. So, some folks on the list keep the longer solid wheel lug bolts and
use a 5/8" spacer to
fit between the wire wheel splined hub extension and the normal hub. In that
way they can use either
solid wheels or wire wheels. They remove the 5/8" spacer when using solid
wheels. Or so I
understand...  :-)

Don Malling