Rear Springs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Springs
From: JRURHH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:35:20 -0400
Well it's time for the help of the list again. Since it rained last weekend I
decided to get jump on the winter project and change out the rear springs and
shocks. I read on the list a few weeks ago how easy it was to remove the rear
spring, it seemed like a piece of cake so I gave a try. Needless to say now I'm
stuck.

I put the rear of the car on jack stands, put a jack under the trailing arm,
undid the connection to the shock, let the jack down. I expected it to come
down far enough to get the spring out but it doens't come down enough to get
the tension off the spring. Do I have to take the bolt off of the trailing arm
to get the spring out?

Thanks,

Jim Robichau
74 TR6