RE: Rear Springs

To: vinkg@fleishman.com, JRURHH@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rear Springs
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:29:07 -0400
It has been my experience that there is not enough room to use a spring
compressor, either external or internal. As others have already suggested,
remove the half-shaft from the diff and you should get the spring out
easily. This is the procedure outlined in the Bentley manual. Don't, under
any circumstances, remove the trailing arm with the spring bearing against
it.

--Phil