RE: [TR] TR3A upper control arms

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A upper control arms
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:52:10 -0800
> I am in the process of rebuilding my front suspension and what I have found
> is the left side has "handed" upper control arms.  There is a right
> (or  rear)
> and left (or front) as you face into the wheel well.

That's correct.

>  The right side  of the car does not.

That's not correct.

>  The rear control arm is the front flipped upside  down, which
> is the way Moss sells them.  See parts 661-020 and  661-010.

I don't follow you here, Dave.  The Moss catalog/website seems clear to me that
the two different arms are not "just flipped upside down".  Rather the right
front arm is the same as the left rear arm (661-010) and the right rear arm is
the same as the left front arm (661-020).  Two different arms on each side, but
the same two arms make either a RH or a LH set.  The result puts the fulcrum in
the same relative location on both sides, as 661-010 always goes on the outside
of 661-020.

> Does anyone have, or know where I can get original control arms that are
> "handed"?  One set is sufficient.

TRF has them listed.  Or you could buy used, but beware that they sometimes
crack.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org