RE: [TR] TR3A upper control arms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A upper control arms
From: ray@raysmg.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:46:17 -0700
David wrote:
"...I have found is the left side has "handed" upper control arms..."

I'm almost finished with the rebuild of my front TR3 suspension
(TS65408). I did one side at a time and noted the position of the upper
arms before removal of the ball joint. On mine, the front upper control
arm slides over the rear arm at the ball joint (splined hole) when
viewing from the side of the car. This is true for both sides of the
car. I could not discern a difference in either length or shape of
either front or rear upper control arms, only in the way the holed tabs
for the ball joint retaining bolt were formed (as stated, front over
rear). If there was a noted difference, and if the holed tabs on the
arms are oriented similarly, i.e., fron overt rear, then four unique
parts would have been required; I doubt that would have been acceptable
in the design.

I can't say this is the way it should or should not be, only that it is
the way is is on my car.

Ray

Ray McCaleb
ray@raysmg.com