Re: [TR] TR3A upper control arms

To: ray@raysmg.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A upper control arms
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:43:28 EST
In a message dated 1/23/2007 9:46:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ray@raysmg.com writes:

On mine,  the front upper control
arm slides over the rear arm at the ball joint  (splined hole) when
viewing from the side of the car.
Ray and Randall,
UH OH!  I was wondering about this.  TR3B's suspension is on the  bench.
Looking from the Rear of the car, RH Side front control arm  passes over the
rear
at the ball joint.  Over is defined as "outer" or  contacting the ball joint
at the splined hole.  On the LH side the rear  control arm passes over the
front and contacts the ball joint.  The 62 TR4  is the same way, opposite of
each
other.  Now I have been know to be  dyslexic at times so I could have both
cars entirely wrong, although since I  also have CRS I am not certain that I
have been into the 62 TR4. I am even  having trouble typing this and had to
bring
both assemblies into the study  here.
I guess this would be important, Huh.  Clarification would be  appreciated.
Thanks,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org