Re: [TR] Sway Bar

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Sway Bar
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 06:26:40 -0800
> I have to say I haven't felt the need for a sway bar.  What is the opinion
> of the List on sway bars, whether they're needed, and all that?

Well, it depends upon how you drive.

If you drive like a gentleman restorer and proud owner of a classic
automobile, no you don't need the sway bars.

If you drive like a little old lady who throws a sports car through a
corner, tyres squealing coming out of that corner at full throttle with
the rear end fishtailing as the rear tyres fight to keep from slipping,
yes you need a front sway bar, stiffer front springs and a limited slip
diff.

If drive the TR3 like sports car, you want to stiffen the front and keep
the rear loose.  If you have a rear sway bar, put it up on ebay and sell
it off.

If you drive a classic automobile, it doesn't really matter what you do
to the suspension.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org