Re: A question for the historians

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A question for the historians
From: culturevirus <culturevirus@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:50:31 -0800 (PST)
The bootlid on mine, CT1272L, is original (or  appears to be) and does not have
the TR4 script. It does have the  TRIUMPH letters. We've narrowed the change
down to less than a 100.

  Jerry

Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com> wrote:  zoboherald@aol.com wrote:

> ==AM==
> The first cars did NOT have the "TR4" script on the boot, but all
> should have had the T R I U M P H letters. Check the undersides of
> your hood and boot for those telltale "Bondo trails"! :-)

Andy, do you have a feel for just how early this was? Based on nothing
but the vaguest of recollections, I was thinking the earliest prototype
or show cars didn't have the script but pretty much all the production
cars did. Neither of my early TR4's are 'show cars' in any sense ;) but
both have the 'TR4' script and the T R I U M P H letters.

And I can't check the originality books since I don't own any; I've
always thought these books serve the "people married to Triumph people
who need a car-related Christmas present" market, and my wife prefers to
give me sweaters.

Steven Newell
'62 TR4 x 2 CT5018LO and CT1358L
etc.