RE: A question for the historians

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A question for the historians
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:44:14 -0800
> I've no idea if this would apply to TR4, but my late TR3A had no holes for
> the TRIUMPH letters across the nose.  This was verified when the car was
> taken to bare metal for painting, no filler or weld marks where the letters
> belong.
>
> Apparently, replacement front aprons were supplied without the holes,

I believe I have evidence that this same theory IS applicable to the TR4 boot.
At least assuming that the TR4A boot lid is the same.  My TR4A SPC shows the lid
as Stanpart 850442, while my TR250 SPC shows it as 813650 (yeah the number went
down).  I also have a factory supercession catalog that lists 813650 as the
replacement for a 850442.  Since the TR250 has completely different badges (with
different holes), the boot lid must have been supplied undrilled.

Which of course proves nothing about David's car, but does tend to lend credence
to the panel replacement theory.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org