RE: A question for the historians

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A question for the historians
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:00:20 -0800
> The first cars did NOT have the "TR4" script on the boot, but all
> should have had the T R I U M P H letters. Check the undersides of your
> hood and boot for those telltale "Bondo trails"! :-)

I've no idea if this would apply to TR4, but my late TR3A had no holes for
the TRIUMPH letters across the nose.  This was verified when the car was
taken to bare metal for painting, no filler or weld marks where the letters
belong.

Apparently, replacement front aprons were supplied without the holes, and
mine was replaced some time before I got the car, without ever being
drilled.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org