Re: tr6 electric fan conversion

To: "Stewart, Scot (GEAE)" <Scot.Stewart@ae.ge.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:15:31 -0700
Cc: autoX-Trumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
It's been a long time since I installed the fan, and although it doesn't say so
specifically, the fan appears to be permanently attached to the motor
shaft.  I believe that the instructions for reversing the "blades" are actually
reversing the entire fan/blade unit within the mounting bracket.  This
does reverse the air flow.  Looking at the blades themselves indicates that
they are indeed not flat and as someone suggested are intended to flow
only one direction which lends credence to my theory that the entire motor/fan
assembly is being reversed as a unit.

(I refuse to remove the fan in order to explore further)    :)

Joe