Re: tr6 electric fan conversion

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:55:46 -0700
Cc: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, autoX-Trumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Ed Quinn <equinn@airtreatment.com>
David Massey wrote:

> Here we go again.  Instuction manuals with omisions.  Did they describe the
> wiring?  The wiring must be polarized to rotate the fan in the correct
> direction.
>
> Try an experiment:
>
> Mount the fan on the bench so that it is facing you.  Since it is
> configured in the PULL configuration wire it up to PULL air.  Observe which
> direction the fan is turning.  Let's assume it is turning counter
> clockwise.  Now reverse the blade.  Without reconnecting the wiring power
> it up and see that it is still turning counter clockwise.  Also note that
> it is still pulling air.  Also notice that it is now moving considerbly
> less air than before.  This is because the blades are not rotating in the
> direction they were designed to turn.  In order to make it a PUSHER you
> must ALSO reverse the wires.

Absolutely NOT!  I ain't taking that fan off for no amount of money!!  :)

Actually, I think I have discovered the answer which I outlined in another
message.  The instructions call it "Reversing the blade, when in actuality
it is "reversing the motor/blade assembly".   Semantics will screw you up every
time!! :)

> BTW Congratulations on winning FTD!  :-D

Thanks!

Joe