Re: tr6 electric fan conversion

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:47:00 -0400
Cc: "Stewart, Scot (GEAE)" <Scot.Stewart@ae.ge.com>, autoX-Trumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Joe Curry
>It's been a long time since I installed the fan, and although it doesn't
say so specifically, the fan appears to be permanently attached to the
motor
shaft.  I believe that the instructions for reversing the "blades" are
actually reversing the entire fan/blade unit within the mounting bracket.
This
does reverse the air flow.  Looking at the blades themselves indicates that
they are indeed not flat and as someone suggested are intended to flow
only one direction which lends credence to my theory that the entire
motor/fan assembly is being reversed as a unit.
<

Flipping the fan motor around with the blade will reverse the direction of
rotation.  You didn't say you were turning the motor around, though.  Talk
about a sucker punch!

Dave