RE: tr6 electric fan conversion

To: autoX-Trumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:39:31 -0700 m >
Peter Zaborski wrote :

> 2. What is a good way of eliminating the glowing of the light, if
> I wish to
> still retain the indicator function?

I still think the best solution is the one I mentioned before, connect the
light to the relay coil instead of the contacts.

Another solution would be to use a double-throw relay, that connects the fan
motor lead to ground (through a resistor ?) when the relay is not energized.
This might reduce airflow very slightly when the fan is not on, but I don't
think it's enough to worry about, and it has the added 'safety feature' that
the fan blades will stop quicker when the fan is turned off.  JCW sells
suitable relays (I'm using one for my OD).

Randall