RE: Pressure Brake Bleeder

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Subject: RE: Pressure Brake Bleeder
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:18:30 -0500
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Message text written by Erik Quackenbush
>I have done EXACTLY what you describe for my TR-6 brake master cylinder (I

used RTV silicone to seal around the quick disconnect).
It works nicely, and I plan to make a similar lid for my clutch master
cylinder the next time I need to bleed it.
Make sure to turn your air regulator WAY down (10psi or so).
<

Re: my previous ramblings.

If you are going to use an air compressor system it would be best if it has
been idle for several hours beforehand to allow all temperatures to
equalize and any liquid water to migrate to a low spot.  Also I would be
afraid of even 10 PSI.  I would thing that 1 or 2 would be sufficient
although it may slow the process.

Dave