Re: Pressure Brake Bleeder

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure Brake Bleeder
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:14:20 -0700
Cc: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Randall Young wrote:

> Sure doesn't sound like something I'd want to do with _my_ brakes.  Any
> moisture, oil, dirt, etc. from the air line is going to be permanently in your
> brake and clutch.
>
> I had no trouble at all with the reputed 'microbubble' thing on my brakes.
>The
> only precautions I took were to use a clean screwdriver to pour the new brake
> fluid down (so it didn't foam in the reservoir), and then take a break (no pun
> intended) before bleeding, so that any bubbles that did form had a chance to
> rise.

Randall, I've seen you mention the "dreck from the air line" a couple times.
When I paint, I use an air filter inline before the paint gun, and I'd do the
same
thing with an air bleeder -- if I had one. Not meaning to be picky, but your
concern is easily addressed with a cheap filter that should be used for just
about any air tool anyway. There may be plenty of arguments for or against the
various ways to bleed brakes, but dirty air lines isn't a strong one IMO.

To restate, for those of you who Really Want To Buy Another Cool Tool, just
get a couple air line filters too. <g>

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO