Re: Spit 5 speed

To: <wizardz@toad.net>
Subject: Re: Spit 5 speed
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 21:11:08 -0000
Hi All
Sorry to disappoint you but I have a J-type O/D in standard trim in a 2000
sedan (heavy) that I regularly use to P%$£ off boy racers using 2od, my
Toledo had the modified cam in for several thousand miles before I decided
to embark on a body resto the box is sitting waiting to go back, and my
Sprint is using an unmodified J-type O/D  with second gear capability with a
modified engine, this one I believe to be "at risk"as it will some times
slip in second unless I ease off the power, there was an article about this
in Triumph World mag a while back and a new lining and higher pressure
hydraulic mod are required to cure this! I therefore see no problem unless
the spit is Seriously Hot as the problems are caused by torque and these
boxes were fitted in some pretty torquey cars! Of course YMMV.

Graham.