Re: TD Front Brakes

To: Lew Palmer <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Subject: Re: TD Front Brakes
From: Charles Hill <candahill@att.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:55:14 -0500
Lew,

There is no hose between the master cylinder and the brake light switch,
so I wouldn't think it is the hoses.  I would suspect something in the
master cylinder.  Bill says he used silicone fluid.  What kind of seals
are in the MC?  I've heard that silicone brake fluid can cause the old
style natural rubber seals to swell.  I don't know about TDs, but there
have been several reports lately of  replacement TC MC pistons being
slightly too long.  In either case, the relief port can't completely
open to allow the brakes to fully release.

Charles Hill