Oil pump priming -1953 TD

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pump priming -1953 TD
From: popeymike@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:21:12 -0500
Greetings:

I have always had a hard time priming this pump.
Finally got around to changing the oil and filter.  I have installed the spin
on filter conversion which I have used successfully for about 4 oil and filter
changes.  Always a problem to prime.

This last time is the worst.
Have primed, filled filter with oil, filled main tube with oil, and still can
not get any pressure out of the gauge line.  Very frustrating.  Used thicker
and thinner oils 5W and 40W in the priming process but majority in the pan is
10-40.

Any suggestions or comments - I want to avoid pulling pump - since I need the
car to drive this weekend.

Thanks
Michael Balahutrak
1953 MG TD - ran great till oil change