Re: Still not running well

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Still not running well
From: "Dave & Diana Dwyer" <dmdwyer@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:02:01 +1100
Andy

If in doubt, drain the fuel and replace with some fresh (maybe bought from a
different place, just to be sure). You have then eliminated one more
possible cause of the problem. Drain and clean out the float bowls too.

I bought fuel one cold rainy morning on the way to work, drove a mile or so
and the engine cut. I coasted nearly to work, left the car and came back at
lunchtime. I couldn't find the problem. Because it was cold and rainy, it
took a  long time before my nose told me that the liquid in the carbs wasn't
petrol!!

My father towed the TC back to the service station, where we found five or
six more dead cars and their irate drivers.

If the car won't go there has to be a reason: you might also try new
non-suppressor plug leads, then you will have no doubts about their
resistance.

Regards

Dave Dwyer
J2, TA, TC