Re: Still not running well

To: "Dr. Moyce" <amoyce@pol.net>
Subject: Re: Still not running well
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 00:17:20 -0800
Andy,

A couple of long shots.  I recently had a friend, whose fuel pump I had
overhauled, start experiencing problems.  After checking the fuel pump
and finding it good, a mutual friend went over to his place and through
some dogged troubleshooting, found that the intank filter screen was
varnished over and the fuel line was full of the same varnish like
material.  The two combined to limit the fuel flow to the point that his
car wouldn't run properly.  the obstruction in the fuel line couldn't be
blown out with high pressure air and had to be reamed out with a length
of wire.  The other thing to check for is a gas cap that is not venting
properly.  The next time you run the car and it starts acting up, pop
the gas cap and see if that will straighten it out.

Good luck,
Dave