Re: Re-installing my U20

To: "Perry Smith" <tpsmithstl@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re-installing my U20
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:24:41 -0500
The tranny will not mount up to the engine w/o some forcing so as to get the
splines lined up. The slight force will make the splines mate up. It's a
very tight fit and rightfully so.

You really need an engine tilter to get the exact correct angle.  I hope you
loosened the rear tranny mount so you don't seperate the rubber. As it is
the tranny mounts rot and weaken pretty quickly because of all the oil that
gathers on it.

I only know of 1 other person who successfully replaced the clutch w/o
removing the tranny but after he did it he said it was more of a hassle than
it was worth than if he just removed the tranny at the same time.

I always remove the header to install the engine as there's more play room
and less likelyhood of other parts being gashed.

Mike