Interesting Carb Problem

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting Carb Problem
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 17:37:02 -0500
As I said in another post, I installed NOS 2L carb bodies on my car. Now
there is resistance to the butterflies opening as if vacuum is forcing the
butterflies to remain closed. I really have to press the pedal to overcome
this 'force' which results in my car behaving like a rubberband after the
initial resistance is overcome and the carbs really open up.

Nothing is binding and when the engine is not running the accelerator action
is as smooth as silk.

Today, prior to a rally I participated in, I asked several MG/Triumph
mechanics and 'Mr. SU', Joe Curto, about this problem and it has all of us
stumped. Since my Datsun was there we tried all kinds of fixes to no avail.

I noticed several problems with these NOS carbs and fixed them prior to
installing them.

Any answers out there? I Googled everyone.

Mike