Re: $295 tensioner

To: BARTERDUDE@aol.com, jimmy@differentials.com
Subject: Re: $295 tensioner
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:55:35 -0700
Tossing my .02 in here,

If it were any other car than a 67.5 2000 I would probably go with an engine
swap. For my 67.5 2000 I bit the bullet and bought the timing set at full
price. I agree with Gary. Some people would get bent over things like an
incorrect hose clamp. My 67.5 2000 may never make Pebble Beach, but it is a
special car that will live a pampered life after it gets done.

I will probably buy a 1600  after my 2 liter gets done and then put some
other engine in it or an L series or something and drive it to death. The
U20 engine is unique to the 2000s and there weren't many made. I think for
my restoration it was the right move but for a driver that I can take on the
track I would want something just a tad easier to replicate.

As far as the 295.00 tensioner. Well, I sold my NOS upper tensioner on ebay
and it went for 236.00. Caught a lot of flack from people about that after
my "anti-sniping" thread, but not one person wrote me to ask if I would sell
it directly. I probably would have...

Anyhoo, it all comes down to what it's worth to you.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC